Please contact Abbie if you have a project for which you need her expertise.
Exhibitions: Condition checking and courier transport
It is important to check and document the condition of artworks before and after they have been in an exhibition, or in preparation for transport or long-term storage. Abbie Vandivere has experience condition checking: paintings, works on paper, maquettes, clothing, glass, objects, photographs, and more. She has also acted as a courier, and was responsible for monitoring works of art during transport by road and international flights.
Condition checking: Kremer Collection, Frans Hals Museum, De Hallen, Amsterdam Museum, Stedelijk Museum de Lakenhal, Royal College of Physicians, St. Dunstan’s Church (Frinsted), The East Wing Collection (Somerset House).
Courier: Kremer Collection, Frans Hals Museum.
Freelance conservation expertise
• Examination of condition, estimates for conservation
• Restoration / Conservation treatments, old and modern paintings
• Technical and art historical research
• Advice on display and environmental conditions
• Creating Powerpoint presentations, wall text, visual aids, workshops and/or lectures to explain conservation treatments to museum visitors
• Advanced knowledge of Dutch (passed Staatsexamen: Nederlands als Tweede Taal, Programma II; passed all levels of the INTT courses, University of Amsterdam); good comprehension of French; basic knowledge of German.
• Experience writing and editing articles for publications in peer-reviewed journals.
• Computer skills: High level of proficiency with Macintosh Operating Systems, Adobe Photoshop, Powerpoint, Dreamweaver, Flash, FTP protocol, HTML, Microsoft Office, Quicktime; Familiarity with Windows Operating Systems and
software; Webpage design.
• Visual Arts: Created series of paintings, drawings, prints and digital images based on microscopic biological images and X-rays. Several exhibitions of artwork in the U.S.A. and Canada.
photo: Marc de Haan
photo: Koen Suyk